Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

Thursday 15 September 2011

It's all in the little things....

Pre-made packaged burger anyone?  Haha it  was a trip to the supermarket that made me think of writing this next thought.  Coming to this country, all I could think of were the amazing things I was going to see, the great people I was going to meet, and all the adventures I would have.  Now, it's true I've had all of those things, but the things I have come to appreciate the most are the ones that make Belgium the unique little corner of Europe that I have come to love!  I love the weird food that line the grocery store shelves, how you can stop by any one of the hundreds of cafés that line the streets of every town for a cup of hot chocolate,  the way you get most delicious bread from the bakery everyday and the completely stacked chocolate cupboard that almost every family here has!  I even love the fact that I still can't find my spanish class, so I have to ask someone random everyday to show me where it is (It makes for some funny conversations :P)!  The fact is, I don't need to go on a wild adventure everyday, because I find that the greatest discoveries lie in the little things.

Much love!

Devyn

p.s.  Let the record show that I still do want to go on crazy wild adventures!!! :P hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment